Based in Silicon Valley, SCS Renewables, Inc. was founded in 2009 with the purpose of bringing business process efficiency to the renewable energy market. SCS Renewables developed the cloud based Mercatus™ solar project diligence and acquisition platform for investors and originators of solar assets. Our mission is to enhance the speed and efficiency of solar asset class acquisition teams by deploying internet technology with embedded domain knowledge and workflow tools. SCS Renewables has reviewed and rated over 2.3 GW of solar projects and has enabled over $150M of investments and partner transactions to date.
Investors face difficulty evaluating and sorting well-qualified projects. Due diligence is time consuming and expensive. The human capital to evaluate deals is scarce. The availability of comprehensive information on the projects is often limited. The net result is high diligence and transaction costs and unmanaged processes. The project finance and origination process represent the single largest opportunity to reduce project costs by eliminating waste and increase efficiencies throughout the value chain.
The Mercatus™ Solution
The mission of the cloud based Mercatus™ platform is to enhance the speed and efficiency of solar asset class origination teams by deploying internet technology with embedded domain knowledge, workflow tools, services, and collaborative environments.
Mercatus™ allows deal teams to manage the sourcing and vetting of new opportunities, as well as, the capital raising and deployment process. Mercatus™ reduces the time to market of new deal teams by up to two years allowing rapid deployment of existing and new capital sources. Mercatus™ optimizes process efficiencies and increases financiers deal capacity by up to 20%.
The Mercatus™ platform provides a standardized methodology by leveraging:
- The investment criterion of over 25 financiers
- 200+ industry leading Developer/EPC’s
- Best practices developed from the assessment of over 500 projects (2.3GW) to determine and set the filtering method for origination and asset evaluation.
- There are no competitors with a platform as comprehensive or vetted.
- Established in 2009
- Based in Silicon Valley
- Team of 7 professionals
- 2.3GW of projects reviewed and rated
- $150M+ of investments and partner transactions enabled to date
- Over 25 diverse financial institutions as clients representing over $2B in deployable capital
- Mercatus platform launch in 2012 based on three years of research and development