About SCS and Mercatus
Based in Silicon Valley, SCS Renewables, Inc. was founded in 2009 with the purpose of bringing business process efficiency to the renewable energy market. SCS Renewables developed the SaaS based Mercatus™ solar project origination management platform for investors and originators of solar assets. Our mission is to enhance the speed and efficiency of solar asset class acquisition teams by deploying internet technology with embedded domain knowledge and workflow tools. SCS Renewables has reviewed and rated over 3 GW of solar projects and has enabled over $150M of investments and partner transactions to date.
Investors face difficulty evaluating and sorting well-qualified projects. Due diligence is time consuming and expensive. The human capital to evaluate deals is scarce. The availability of comprehensive information on the projects is often limited. The net result is high diligence and transaction costs and unmanaged processes. The project finance and origination process represent the single largest opportunity to reduce project costs by eliminating waste and increase efficiencies throughout the value chain.
The Mercatus™ Solution
The mission of the SaaS based Mercatus™ platform is to enhance the speed and efficiency of solar asset class origination teams by deploying internet technology with embedded domain knowledge, workflow tools, services, and collaborative environments.
Mercatus™ allows deal teams to manage the sourcing and vetting of new opportunities, as well as, the capital raising and deployment process. Mercatus™ reduces the time to market of new deal teams by up to two years allowing rapid deployment of existing and new capital sources. Mercatus™ optimizes process efficiencies and increases financiers deal capacity by up to 20%.
The Mercatus™ platform provides a standardized methodology by leveraging:
- The investment criterion of over 40 financiers
- 200+ industry leading Developer/EPC’s
- Best practices developed from the assessment of over 500 projects (over 3GW) to determine and set the filtering method for origination, asset evaluation and appraisal.
- There are no competitors with a platform as comprehensive or vetted.
- Established in 2009
- Based in Silicon Valley
- Team of 7 professionals
- Over 3GW of projects reviewed and rated
- $150M+ of investments and partner transactions enabled to date
- Over 40 diverse financial institutions as clients representing over $2B in deployable capital
- Mercatus platform launch in 2012 based on four years of research and development